Monday, February 9, 2009

"A case of the Mondays..."

I was looking forward to a busy week of "Girl Scout Cookies". For those of you who don't know, I started a troop this January and am having a lot of fun. Yesterday I scrubbed the kitchen as part of my nesting and was exhausted this morning when I woke up.

Upon rising this morning I was feeling some weird pains that I could not explain, even after reading all my maternity books. I went to my local doctor to see if it was easily explained. They ran a 'pee in a cup' test and nothing out of the ordinary came up. My local doc called my baby doc in Birmingham and they wanted me ASAP for an ultrasound. I was VERY scared. Even though deep down I knew my baby was fine, it was much earlier than expected to have to call Jeremy home from work to drive me to Bham.

The ultrasound showed that all was well with Bean. The doctor really could not explain the pain but gave me some medicine and told me to call him if things didn't get better. I am really ok with that seeing as though Bean is ok. He is one pound today! He is also practicing breathing, which is great news according to the ultrasound lady. He is holding his hands like a baby now and was snoozing all during the ultrasound.

We thought all had calmed down. Jeremy was going to run a few errands and I was going to prepare for Scouts tonight, when I walked through a giant puddle of water in the KITCHEN! Really!??!?! Our refrigerator had called it quits. Jeremy immediately got on the phone with the home warranty folks, which expires in 2 weeks. I started putting things in our deep freezer, which has been an excellent investment.

As long as Bean is fine, I don't mind the messy kitchen. It is off to Scouts for me now. We are talking about the country of Costa Rica tonight. GO COFFEE!

No comments: