Thursday, December 4, 2008

An almost disappointing day.

So on Tuesday the 2nd, Haleigh and I went to our third (my second) checkup for the bean. As usual we sat around waiting for our turn and finally got called back to a regular exam room and not the sonogram room. The nurse then pulls out this little microphone and speaker and tells us that we are just going to get to hear the heartbeat today and not a full blown ultrasound. I must admit that I was bummed by this news. I mean it is great to have the assurance that the little heart is still beating away, but there's something about seeing s/he squirm. I mean the second visit we got to see s/he move all over the place with only two little arm buds, I can only imagine what we'll see now that the buds are becoming arms and legs. All weekend long I had been looking forward to seeing our bean squirm around on the screen like the first visit, but this nurse was stealing my excitement. After about 5 minutes of trying to find the heartbeat, she decided it was best if we do a quick sonogram and check things out. So we are steadily watching the screen and we see our little heart just a pumping, and how much development that had happened since the last visit 3 weeks ago. Haleigh asked the sonogram technician to show us the legs if possible, and boy did we see the legs. I don't know if s/he was excited that we were there or just ready to hit the road running, but those two little legs were churning as fast as they could go. The heart rate was about the same as before and hopefully the next visit we'll be able to see everything a little more clearly.

1 comment:

flimerick said...

I am looking forward to the end of the month so we can tell if our little bean is a girl or boy!