Monday, December 29, 2008

Pregnancy Hormones

One day at work I was extremely uncomfortable wearing my 'regular' clothes and knew it was time to shop for maternity elastic wear. I called Jeremy and told him to meet me at the clothing store to be with me while buying my first set of maternity clothes. I arrived before he did and began looking through the racks. While combing through all the blousy shirts and ruffles the pregnany hormones really kicked in. Tears started streaming down my face. I had to squint through the tears (my hands were full and I couldn't wipe them again) to try to find Jeremy. He had just arrived and was caught coming in the door looking at gadgets (which is typical Jeremy). I caught his attention and quickly waved him to where I was. When he noticed my tears he looked terrified. "Are you sad?" "What's wrong?" "Why are you crying?" My voice squivered as I replied, "I don't know." The tears kept coming.

I headed to the dressing room and BEGGED Jeremy not to leave me. I tried on the first outfit and walked out to Jeremy to get his opinion. Through the tears, I asked, "What do you think? How do I look?" Seeing Jeremy's face after I said that was priceless! He looked terrified to even look like he had an opinion. I am pretty sure that this is one of those moment that I will never forget. I ended up getting some clothes that would work for awhile.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh you need to post some belly pics! And yes I totally understand the emotional outbreaks :) When do you find out the gender??