Monday, June 1, 2009

Mommy-Sitted




Last Tuesday, Jeremy headed back "home" to Rainsville, Alabama to attend his cousin Taylor's graduation. It is a very small town about 2 hours northeast of Birmingham. Commencement is held in a civic complex that was constructed WITHOUT AN AC (those penny-pinchers). We went to a graduation there last year, and because Jeremy's sweet aunt always runs a little late, we sat upstairs (even hotter). The whole town shows up to graduation so the place is packed (even more hot). SO, I decided the environment was not the best for a pregnant lady who is ALWAYS about to combust. We currently have our air set on 66 degrees and I am constantly sweating and complaining about it being hot. If any of you have ever seen Father of the Bride II where the mother and daughter are both pregnant and Steve Martin (the husband and dad) is running around the house is ear muffs and gloves because the air is so low, then insert that image in your brain (right here). Also, if I went into labor and needed to get to the hospital then I would be even further out. Because our sweet boy is Breech, the sooner we can get to the hospital the better. I ended up staying with one of my greatest friends, Wyspr, and her husband Jason. They mommy-sat me in Birmingham while Jeremy went to graduation. No labor, obviously- because I wouldn't be blogging about being mommy-sat and a hot gym, instead there would be pics up. I had tons of fun seeing Wyspr and Jason made some AMAZING brussel sprouts. Yum!
All in all, we are VERY proud of Taylor. He has been through a lot over the past couple of years and he GRADUATED. Now go get a job!!! Love you Taylor, but really get a job!

No comments: