Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Weekend

Side note: This is my BELOVED reacher-grabber. Some may have seen it used by inmates to pick up trash along the roads, others in my profession see it used as an assistive device to help those with limited mobility. I have been using it to SURVIVE. I hate not being able to bend over easily. I started cursing every time I dropped something (which has been happening more; nature is full of irony). The reacher-grabber has saved my sanity and possible my marriage :)


We had a laid-back weekend (for us). Laid-back weekend usually means hanging out with our neighbors, Jeremy doing a 'outside' project, and lots of cleaning. This weekend Jeremy made a flower bed to go in front of the nursery window that facing out in our back yard. The dogs scratch the window screen when they hear me in the room. There is soon to be a lot of noise in the nursery so I wanted something to keep them from tearing up the window. We are going to add a small decorative fence, dirt, and plants. Hopefully it will help.

Also, we had dinner at our neighbors' house Saturday. My friend Holli came over as well. We rolled fresh summer rolls with tons of yummy goodness. I was going to take a pick but totally forgot. We used poached pork, shrimp, thai basil, cilantro, mint, green onions, cucumber, and lettuce in the rolls. So good! Before dinner, we took some 'maternity pics'. I tear up when I see other mommys' maternity pics and thought I was totally missing out. Because we recently got a posh camera and could not see us spending mu-lah on a photo session, so to the neighbors' beautiful back yard we went for some pics.

We have a doctor's appointment on June 1st (well today actually). We will send an update out when we return (if we return). We are taking our hospital bags, complete with camera, today to satisfy that "just-in-case" feeling.


Above: In front of Yung's backyard pond.

One of my favorite's from the shoot. Thanks for taking it, Auvie.

The beginnings of the bed...


Cache posing in front of the new bed. He is starting to really like the camera. I think it is all the "Good Boy"s he gets when he poses. Marlee still just wants me to pet her, so I get tons of pics of her right in the lens.




4 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE your maternity pics - they are perfect!!

Elli Grier Ruff said...

I love those pictures! Pregnancy suits you very well.

Leigh Ann said...

Hey Haleigh, I found your blog. I haven't seen you in soooo long, but it looks like you are doing great.

Anna said...

aw, the pictures are so great!
oh, and fun fact: the easy grabber was invented by benjamin franklin. weird, huh?