Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catching Up..

There has been several smalls things that I have wanted to blog about, so here is the catch up blog (mostly in pictures).

Girl Scout Camp: I went camping with my Girl Scouts when I was 30 weeks. I would show more pics, but don't want to post the pics of the girls without parental permission. We had LOTS of fun hiking, learning to tie knots, learning knife handling and fire building skills, and or course sleeping in TENTS!! Needless to say, I went to the chiropractor the first day I could when I got back.


Helen,GA: This happened awhile back; however this is a trip that we took two days after we discovered that I had a bun in the oven. We went for our first anniversary to Helen, GA (it was also a makeup honeymoon, since I was knee deep in a graduation exam right after our wedding). Helen was interesting and we can check it off our list of places we have been, but will probably make that our only visit. I was approximately 6 weeks along in this picture.


Preggy bowling : Went bowling at 31 weeks and bowled two games. I have my own ball and shoes, so I was a lot easier on me. The second game I bowled 5 STRIKES IN A ROW to finish the game out and actually beat Jeremy. The people we were with gave him a very hard time.

HOT POT! Our GREAT neighbors invited us over for Hot Pot. It is a traditional Chinese meal (which I am told). There is a pot of broth in the middle of the table on a heating element with meats and veggies around it. It is a communal/social meal where you put what you want in the pot and eat it with your noodle and broth bowl when it is ready. I ate tons of yummy mushrooms!!

Georgia Trip My friend Wyspr and I took a trip to Newnan, GA to see one of the earth's greatest gals, Jenni. She has come to Birmingham to see us so many times and we had never been to Newnan. Here is a pic from our trip. In the pic we are in Decatur, which is one of my favorite places in ATL so far. I was approximately 8 weeks pregnant and had to fib a bit when I passed up a drink. I told them very shortly after the trip once we went to the first doctors visit and heard the baby's heartbeat. I felt awful for fibbing but they were excited when I told them my news.


No comments: