Friday, May 29, 2009

one week and counting down....

Every Friday from here on I will be called a father. To be totally honest, I couldn't be more excited. After all the months of preparation, the showers, the doctors visits, and anticipation, I'm finally going to be a dad. As I imagine most fathers do, I have tried to figure out if he will be an all star pitcher for the Braves or just an average Joe, but either way I can't wait to help mold and guide him to whatever he decides. I kid about the pro baseball thing to Haleigh and say "I have to have a retirement plan somehow"...., but she doesn't seem amused by my logic. But as I look forward, I can't wait to take "bean" to his first Auburn Football game, or teach him how to signal for a touchdown when Auburn scores, or watch him swing his first golf club, or take his first step, and most importantly take his first breath. Even though my time to see some of these things are very close and there are a lot of things I can't wait to do and see with my son, I know I can wait and will enjoy every first and every moment I will spend with him. Even though the clock has been ticking down to this last few moments until he arrives, the best part of all is that when he takes that first breath, the clock starts over and the real fun begins.

1 comment:

The Stockton's said...

Congratulations and good luck with everything!! :) Can't wait to see picture of the little man! (Thanks for finding me on here Haleigh!!)