Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Runt

I have always loved the "Runt of the Litter" because they are the smallest (and most adorable) and usually have a unique personality because of their pack order.  Our black dog, Marlee, is the runt (I would put in a picture here, but I am away from my PC).  I love my Marlee dog.  She and I have a special bond.  Jeremy even walked in from work one night and I was sitting in a chair with Marlee in my lap (she was soaking wet).  I was rocking her back and forth, sobbing.  She had just gotten into a HUGE fight with Cache (the other dog).  She bit my finger (ended up with antibiotics and a tetanus shot) and Jeremy was coming home to talk about getting rid of her.  That was a AWFUL night.  SO on to the "Runt" blog...

Our little bean is apparently a runt.  We went to the Dr. today. I am 37 weeks and 5 days.  At our last visit, Bean was measuring several weeks behind his "gestational age" on the ultrasound measurements and weighing at 5 lb 5oz.  The doctor told me to eat ice cream EVERY DAY until he gets here. Tough homework assignment, right?  Well it kinda is, since I am not a HUGE ice cream eater.  I have been drinking Ensure, which was an alternative to ice cream in the doc's eyes.  Today, they measured my belly and I was at 33 centimeters (which I have been at for the past 3 weeks); which he said wasn't great.  They also hooked up a fetal heart monitor and recorded his heartbeat for several minutes. Dr. said they did that because of him being small.  I was a bit nervous but his heart checked out fine. Whew!  I have not dilated or effaced yet. And...Bean is breech so a c-section we will be having.  (Not posting date for Internet-security reasons, but many of you will know soon.)  

We are really excited. I have lots of pics to post. I got a new camera and have been going picture crazy!!! And yes, I have pictures of the nursery, which is all done except for some things on the wall.  That will probably happen when Bean comes home and my mom can handle that. She is so much better than me when it comes to decorating (and many other things).  

Will post pics soon!

No comments: